David Nunn – Exercise Physiologist
Making healthy habits a way of life!
The Exercise Physiologists at Activeliving have assisted many clients with health, price sale injuries and pain conditions affecting their lifestyle to achieve goals of improved health and wellbeing. Exercise physiologists are 4-year university qualified allied health professionals who specialise in the delivery of exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. EPs provide physical activity and behaviour change support for clients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, depressions, cancer, arthritis, COPD and many more.
We believe in empowering the client to initiate change and provide a range of tools, programs and recommendations to assist the client’s chances of success. Rather than a standard program, we work with you to find the best solution to get the results you want to achieve using a range of exercise therapies.
We provide strong clinical knowledge and experience to tackle any condition. We work with a variety of rare and complex conditions.
We achieve a high rate of success. Exercise Physiologists are well placed to achieve successful outcomes for a range of chronic health conditions such as diabetes, heart and lung health and as well as muscle and bone injury,
Our Clinicians are Dave Nunn and Brennan Smith. Dave Nunn is the Senior Exercise Physiologist and has a diverse wealth of experience in clinical provision of safe and effective activity programs including
- working in South Western Queensland on Indigenous Health projects, particularly dealing with diabetes in Indigenous communities.
- running the exercise component of the Sunshine Coast Cardiac Rehabilitation unit for Queensland Health
- he is the only Lung Foundation endorsed Exercise Physiologist on the Sunshine Coast to provide exercise as management for Respiratory health conditions.
- Back pain and back injury rehabilitation programs under workcover, with all his back management clients under workcover returning and keeping to their previous employment prior to injury!
Brennan Smith has always been passionate about helping empower others to improve their health and wellbeing. His rich sporting background motivated him to combine his passion for helping others with exercise rehabilitation. Brennan specialises in Exercise and Lifestyle Coaching and has a passion for guiding his clients towards leading a healthier and happier life.
Brennan has had a variety of experience including:
- Medical centres
- Working with Children
- Nursing homes
- Clinical setting
- Working with other Allied Health Professionals
- Pilates Matwork Level 1
Brennan’s special interests include:
- Chronic Low Back Pain
- Weight loss
- Children’s health
- Diabetes: Type 1 and Type 2
- Athritis (Rhemautic and Osteo)
Exercise Physiology can help with so many health conditions. Our services can receive rebates under Medicare, Workcover, Department of Veterans Affairs and Private Health Insurers, so book in with our team at Activeliving to get the pain free – healthy lifestyle you want.